It is easy to ignore your windshield wipers until you find yourself needing them. Driving in the rain or snow can be dangerous enough without reduced visibility due to worn our windshield wipers. Like other car parts, your wipers deteriorate over time and due to use and need to be replaced to ensure optimum visibility.
Checking and replacing your windshield wipers regularly will keep you and your family safe on the road. Don’t wait until you are in a storm and have trouble seeing, have Car Craft check them now to ensure that you are good to go.
When should you change your wiper blades?
Some people like to change their wiper blades on a set schedule like every six months or when the blades start to loose their effectiveness. A lot of factors determine how frequently you change your wiper blades. Such as how often do you use them? Do you live in an area that gets lots of rain or snow? Are your wiper blades exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures?
What does your Car Craft technician look for when inspecting your wiper blades?
- Condition of the wiper blade frame at the joints or connection points
- Any signs of corrosion from washer fluid and Winter salt water
- All signs of damage to squeegee such as cracks, tears or missing pieces
- Test the flexibility of squeegee rubber to ensure it has proper movement
- Look for rounded edges on squeegee rubber as signs of excessive wear
- Check to see wiper is properly attached
If you haven’t changed your wiper blades in the last 6 – 12 months they need to be checked. If your wiper blades smear rather than clean your windshield, it’s time to replace them. If your wiper blades skip and miss spots, then they need to be replaced.
Have Car Craft check your wiper blades today to keep you safe on the roads.